🥛Special Edition: NFT Sunday 🎁
Today’s edition is brought to you by MetaMask Learn – learn web3 with the leading web3 wallet! 🤓
Hi all. It’s TPan – a friend of Milk Road.
The Milk Man is out of town this weekend (he left his OOO message as: real Gs move in silence like lasagna), so I’m taking over and delivering that NFT milk.
Here is the lineup for today:
- The biggest draw of the week 📊
- Pudgy Penguins launch toys 🐧
- Nike releases Our Force 1 👟
- The checks go to Christie’s ✔️
Here were this week’s top movers (in terms of sales volume):
- Milady (+70%): A whale sold off its holdings in the collection, along with additional activity from Blur’s lending platform, Blend.
- Pudgy Penguins (+31%): The collection of cute flightless birds gets volume with its toy launch.
- Open (+40%): NFTs from this collection exchanged hands over 1,500 times as details surrounding the next artist release were revealed.
How can you and your art benefit from learning about NFTs?
Whether it’s to understand the buzz around what they’re really about, explore a different medium for your craft, or just learn more about how web3 paid out an average of $174,000 per creator in 2021, this interactive lesson from MetaMask Learn is designed for to help you.
NFTs can be many things, but at the core of these tokens, an NFT is a provably scarce digital object. Web3 artists’ favorite wallet, MetaMask, wants to inspire you to learn about NFTs so you can see for yourself if you want to explore this community-centric field that is disrupting the creator economy.
Interested in learning about how NFTs are relevant to you as a creator?
PUDGY PENGUINS LAUNCH A NEW TOY 🐧
Everyone was talking about one thing this week: Pudgy Penguin Toys.
- $500,000 worth of toys sold in the first 48 hours of launch
- Number 1 hit in several toy categories on Amazon
- Pudgy Penguins NFT floor price increased from ~4.5ETH → ~6ETH (+33%)
The craziest part? The games make people money.
Here’s what happened:
- A person buys a Pudgy Toy
- They scan the QR code on the Pudgy Toy “birth certificate”
- They enter Pudgy World, an online clubhouse for Pudgy Penguins
- Open property boxes from the purchase
- Buy, sell and collect properties
Here’s an example of how it works in action:
Cherry on top: The Pudgy Penguin NFT owners on which the toys are based have a licensing agreement, and receive a percentage of toy sales. Talk about win-win.
So, what’s next?
- Amazon is just the beginning. The toys will launch globally and will hit other major retailers such as Walmart in June.
- Their secret weapon is the Pudgy Penguins Instagram account, which has over 547,000 followers. The team hasn’t announced Pudgy Toys to that audience…yet.
- Pudgy Penguins has spent no money on marketing. That will change after raising $9 million, announced earlier this month.
The Pudgy Penguins team proves that it is different ways to achieve success in the world of NFTs and build IP.
Luca Netz, CEO of Pudgy Penguins is a legend in the e-commerce space. Before entering the NFT space, he sold over 9 figures of products online.
So…if you’re looking for a gift for your child, young relative or adult friend who acts like a child, consider a Pudgy Toy.
PS: One of the secrets to Pudgy Penguins’ success has been their GIF game. The Pudgy Penguins GIF collection has 2.8k uploads and over 3.4 billion views.
PS: I did a deep dive on Pudgy Toys’ efforts here.
NIKE RELEASES OUR STRENGTH 1 👟
Nike launched the Our Force 1, and these virtual sneakers are fresh.
What are the quick hits?
- The sneakers come in two styles: New Wave and Classic Remixes
- To buy, you must have a .SWOOSH account. You can sign up for the waiting list here.
- Each of these boxes costs $19.82which is the year that Nike’s Air Force 1 debuted
- Above 73,000 boxes have been sold, which is over 1.4 million dollars
- The total access on these boxes is 106,453 which is a game on the T-9 keyboard. (remember those?) 6-4-5-3 = NIKE.
Why does this matter? We will…it’s Nike.
One of the most popular brands in the world is entering the world of NFT. And if you look closely, they’ll make these more than just digital collectibles.
I expect these boxes to sell out in the next few weeks. If you have a .SWOOSH account, you might want to take a couple, or 4 (maximum per account). They will probably be the cheapest sneakers you will find!
CHECKS GO TO CHRISTIE’S ✔️
Checks is a digital art collection that started as an $8 open edition in January of this year by the giga-brain designer Jack Butcher. 16,031 checks were minted.
What has the collection achieved since then?
After the Christie’s auction ended, the Checks Elements collection held an additional auction for the remaining editions of the 152-piece collection. Each holder will also receive a physical print from Cirrus Gallery.
What was the highest sale? 22.69 ETH, or ~$40,000 dollars. I could be Twitter verified for 400 years with that money!
So what? We continue to see the art world embrace digital art. Artists like Jack Butcher are creating new ways to engage with the traditional art community on the one hand, while supporting the rise of the digital art community on the other.
StepN starts selling NFTs on its iOS app.
Mercedes announces their Web3 arm: Mercedes Benz NXT.
PRESS THE CASH TO 250,000+ CRYPTO INVESTORS
Advertise with Milk Road to get your brand in front of the Who’s Who of crypto. Roadies are high-income crypto investors who are always looking for their next interesting product or tool. Get in touch today.
TODAY’S RUDER REVIEW
TODAY’S VITAL IMAGE
DISCLAIMER: None of this is financial advice. This newsletter is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell assets or make financial decisions. Be careful and do your own research.