Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Announces Upcoming Fifth Annual Blockchain and Digital Assets Summit
Virtual conference to explore the evolution of Web 3.0 and the creative economy, including DeFi and NFTs, payments and remittances, capital markets and the regulatory landscape
NEW YORK, 16 November 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Oppenheimer & Co . Inc. (“Oppenheimer”) – a leading investment bank, wealth manager and a subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings (NYSE: OPY ) – today announced that its fifth annual Blockchain and Digital Assets Summit: Web 3.0 and the Creator Economy, will be held tomorrow, 17 November. The virtual event will feature a high-profile group of companies leading the ongoing development of the blockchain ecosystem, including Blockchain.com, Coinbase, Fidelity Digital Assets and Silvergate Capital Corporation. You can register here.
Timothy HoranSenior Analyst for Cloud & Communications, and Owen Lau, Senior Analyst for Exchanges, Information Analytics & Asset Managers at Oppenheimer, said: “The potential to access the internet in new ways based on blockchain technology is rapidly taking shape, along with significant opportunities for the expansion of decentralized finance in the Web 3.0 era. This will impact everything from distributed wireless infrastructure to the development of private equity funds. As an increasingly diverse range of investors seek to learn about the uses of digital assets, this virtual conference will demonstrate how Oppenheimer is committed to bringing together innovators and thought leaders from around the world.”
The summit will include presentations, panels and 1-on-1 meetings covering key trends in the blockchain and digital asset ecosystem, including applications of DeFi and NFTs, payments and remittances, capital market infrastructure, regulatory landscape and more. Companies participating will include:
- Apollo, a listed international alternative provider with over 30 years of experience serving institutional and individual investors across the risk spectrum.
- Blockchain.comamong the world’s most popular ways to buy bitcoin, Ethereum and more with confidence. The platform enables users to safely store, exchange, trade and buy the best cryptocurrencies.
- Coin base, a publicly traded platform for accessing the wider crypto-economy. Approximately 103 million verified users, 14,500 institutions and 245,000 ecosystem partners in over 100 countries trust Coinbase to invest, spend, save, earn and use crypto.
- Fidelity Digital Assetsa subsidiary of Fidelity Investments that operates as a separate business, dedicated to building products and services that help institutions adopt digital assets and innovate within the increasingly digital world of finance.
- Figure technologiesa lender focused on using the proven power of Provenance Blockchain for loan origination, asset management, private fund services, banking and payments – transforming trillion dollar financial services.
- Silvergate Capital Corporation, a pioneering provider of financial infrastructure solutions and services to the digital currency industry. The company provides a real-time payment platform to an ever-growing list of digital currency companies and investors worldwide.
Erica L. Moffett, Managing Director and Associate Director of Research at Oppenheimer, said: “We are thrilled to welcome the groundbreaking group of companies, investors and speakers attending our fifth annual Blockchain and Digital Assets Summit. Their insights come at a crucial time for the future of Web 3.0 and the Creator Economy, as new use cases for these technologies emerge, established platforms continue to mature, and financial markets transform in response.Throughout the event, Oppenheimer will facilitate and contribute to lively conversations using our own unique perspectives in this area.”
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (OPY on the New York Stock Exchange), and its affiliates provide a full range of wealth management, securities brokerage and investment banking services to high net worth individuals, families, corporate executives, local governments, businesses and institutions.
Joseph Kuo / Michael Dugan
Haven Tower Group LLC
424 317 4851 or 424 317 4852
[email protected] or [email protected]
SOURCE Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.