NEC presents its vision of digital finance at the Singapore Fintech Festival 2022
SINGAPORE, 28 October 2022 /PRNewswire/ — NEC Asia Pacific (NEC APAC), the regional headquarters of leading information and communications technology provider NEC Corporation (HQ: Japan) i Southeast Asiawill present its vision of data-driven digital finance during this year’s Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF) Innovation Lab Crawl event from 31 October – 01 November, as well as the personal exhibition at the Singapore EXPO Convention & Exhibition Center from 02 – 04 November.
Innovation Lab Crawl (October 31 – 1 November 2022)
At NEC’s Innovation Lab Crawl, NEC Laboratories Singapore (NLS), together with NEC Laboratories Israel and NEC Laboratories Europe, will showcase a selection of NEC’s advanced research and solutions in areas such as AI, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, Web3.0 and Blockchain. They will also provide demonstrations to facilitate discussions with financial stakeholders as they develop new business models in volatile environments.
During the lab review, there will also be panel discussions between NEC researchers and industry experts to explore areas such as Responsible AI and Web 3.0.
- Showcase and demonstrations (on both days)
- Optimizing bank performance with video-based business intelligence
- Smart Patient Recovery Prediction System for Health Insurance Providers
- Driver risk profiling for car insurance providers
- Recovering the banking system from real ransomware attacks from Salvado, an Israeli startup
- Product exhibition with pen testing (from Pentera)
- NEC’s latest research work on Blockchain and Web3.0
- Responsible artificial intelligence through NEC’s facial image recognition demonstration
- A comprehensive suite of financial services and products from NEC’s portfolio and partners such as Diligent, finbots.ai, CREDABLE, etc.;
- Panel discussions
- Oct 31: Responsible AI – With financial services a heavily regulated industry, how difficult and significant will this impact people’s lives?
- 01 Nov: Web3.0 as a business model for a decentralized virtual world
To register and find out more about NEC’s Innovation Lab Crawl, please click here.
Exhibition (02 – 4 November 2022)
During the three-day exhibition, visitors to NEC’s stand at Hall 4 Stand 4B45 will see the latest in wealth management technology and software solutions for the banking sector from Avaloq, an NEC company and Banqsoft, a subsidiary of KMD, an NEC company, respectively.
MR. Suresh NeelakantanBusiness Development Director, Value Chain Innovation Laboratory, NEC APAC, said: “The dialization wave driven by the pandemic has resulted in rapid data proliferation across all sectors worldwide. We also witnessed the gradual acceptance of contactless transactions as the new way of life. . Today, we are seeing more interest in blockchain and Web3.0 technologies, and there is a growing need for banks and other financial industry stakeholders to understand all this new data and develop appropriate strategies and new solutions for growth.”
“At NEC, we want to support our customers’ growth and develop new business ideas for the digital economy. We look forward to working with like-minded partners and stakeholders to co-create solutions and play a key role in helping them succeed.” added Mr Neelakantan.
About NEC Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Singapore-based NEC Asia Pacific (NEC APAC) is the regional headquarters of NEC Corporation (HQ: Japan) i Southeast Asia. As a leading provider of information and communication technology, NEC APAC provides innovative solutions and infrastructure to promote safety, security and improve the quality of life for individuals and society. NEC APAC’s expertise includes carrier network solutions, biometric identification, enterprise applications and infrastructure, unified communications, transportation solutions, multimedia displays and smart energy, as well as the provision of managed services and contact center services.
Together with our research laboratories, NEC APAC offers cutting-edge public safety, cyber security technologies and enterprise solutions to enable safer cities, with a vision to create a brighter future. For more information, please visit