GBA Recognizes Blockchain Trailblazers
Washington, DC – (NewMediaWire) – June 5, 2023 – –(ACN Newswire) –The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) honored exceptional individuals and organizations for their pioneering use of blockchain technology to solve government challenges. The Annual Achievement Awards, presented on May 24, 2023 in Washington, DC, celebrated this year’s outstanding winners.
– Rosemarie McClean, Managing Director, and Dino Cataldo Dell’Accio, Chief Information Officer received the award on behalf of the United Nations Joint Pension Fund (UNJSPF), the organization award for a digital identity solution that enabled over 23,000 pensioners across 180 countries, for providing their evidence of life, using blockchain and biometrics technologies. Their innovative solution helped streamline the pension administration process, reduce errors and improve the overall customer experience.
– Pradeep Goel, CEO of Solve.Care, a blockchain healthcare company, was awarded the Courage Award for his dedication to helping war-torn refugees in the Ukraine conflict. Despite personal risks and costs, his “Care Shelter” project provided accommodation and meals to over 2,500 Ukrainians displaced during the war.
– Jon Trask, CEO and founder of Dimitra Technology received the Social Impact Award for Dimitra’s transformative work in global farming. Their Blockchain/AI solution fights hunger, reduces deforestation and increases crop yields. Dimitra’s applications serve 16 countries and provide important support to farmers in climate-ravaged areas.
– Mike Kanovitz, CEO of Jurat Blockchain received the Innovation Award for integrating blockchain with legal justice processes, empowering creators with smart contract tools, facilitating NFT exchanges and adding security against fraud.
– Sary Qasim, GBA’s Middle East and North Africa regional manager, received the Leadership Award for his exceptional efforts in the Middle East/North Africa region, driving the adoption of the Blockchain Maturity Model (BMM) and establishing strategic relationships.
These winners join a prestigious list of past recipients including:
– El Salvador’s President Najib Bukele for adopting Bitcoin as legal tender
– US Congressional Senior Staff Bill Rockwood for legislative leadership, and
– Utah County Commissioner Amelia Powers for pioneering blockchain-based voting systems.
GBA’s next awards ceremony will be held in September 2023 during the Blockchain & Infrastructure Conference (The event will recognize blockchain solutions evaluated using GBA’s Blockchain Maturity Model (BMM) (and achieve the “Trusted Blockchain Solution” credential.
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) is a global organization that promotes blockchain solutions to transform government and empower citizens. It drives innovation, education and adoption of blockchain technology in the public sector.
For more information on the upcoming Blockchain Solution Awards, please get in touch [email protected].
For more information about the Blockchain & Infrastructure conference, please get in touch [email protected].
See the original release at www.newmediawire.com