Major banking and finance event that shows the banking industry’s greatest influence and innovators
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., 11 August 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The globally renowned makers of fintech accelerators, The Venture Center, today announced “VenCent”, a new fintech summit to promote dialogue, synergies and innovation for the nation’s banks and leading financial services providers.
WHOSE: US bankers, investors, regulators, government officials and entrepreneurs will provide insight and a “sneak peek” into what the financial sector is thinking about the challenges facing the US economy.
WHAT WHEN: The first confab will take place on 15.–17. August 2022and has some of the banking industry’s biggest influencers.
SUBJECTS will include current issues affecting the wider banking industry, such as the impact of rising interest rates (a key economic indicator) – as well as cyber security; the development of cryptocurrencies; and how revolutionary technologies are bringing banking services to underserved communities and helping new investors build wealth.
SPEAKERS will include:
- Governor Asa Hutchinson (AR), a leader who has brought global fintech companies to Arkansasespecially through the award-winning FIS FinTech Accelerator
- US Representative French Hill (AR-02), a former Treasury official, banker and member of the US House Financial Services Committee
- Michelle BowmanFederal Reserve Board of Governors
- Ron ShevlinFORBES Contributor and Head of Research, Cornerstone Advisors
- Gary Norcrosschairman and managing director of FIS
- Mayor Frank Scott, Jr.Mayor of Little Rock, AR
- Laura MerlingChief Transformation and Operations Officer, Arvest
- Miraj PatelFounder and CEO, Harness Technologies
- Patrick sells, Chief Innovation Officer, NYDIG
- Wayne MillerCEO, Venture Center
- Darrin L. WilliamsCEO of Southern Bancorp, Inc.
- Full list here.
WHERE: Statehouse Convention Center, 101 E. Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 77201.
WHY: The US banking and financial sector are leading indicators for the rest of the economy.
In the midst of the first major economic downturn since 2008, there is much speculation about where we are now and where we are headed (ie inflation, recession, the role of the Federal Reserve, consumer trends, and more).
This will be an excellent opportunity to hear from the range of outstanding experts and speakers, including government and banking experts, and those in fintech companies who are doing it right.
The conference will also highlight unique examples of successful startups that have benefited from The Venture Center’s programs, along with venture capital, workforce and economic development opportunities in Arkansas.
Since its inception in 2015, The Venture Center has connected more than 10,000 bankers with early-stage technology companies, impacting revenue, brand, culture and growth.
For full agenda visit vencentsummit.com and to learn more about FIS’s long-standing support of The Venture Center through the Fintech Accelerator and other programs, visit venturecenter.co.
To request more information or a media interview, get in touch Kirsten Fedewa (Kirsten Fedewa & Associates) at 202.365.6936 or [email protected]
See original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inaugural-fintech-summit-to-be-held-in-little-rock-ar-on-aug-15-17-2022-301604591. html
SOURCE Venture Center